Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another Busy Weekend

Last weekend was a pretty busy weekend. On Saturday, we headed over to Grandpa and GG's house again. John helped Grandpa put together his new grill! After that we celebrated Grandpa's birthday with some yummy Annie's and GG's chocolate cake! After eating, we were all pretty full, so Jack and Grandpa just relaxed together.

After that we headed out to see some friends we hadn't seen in a while. I didn't take any pictures. OOPS! But Jack did get lots of attention from the ladies. Of course, he just wanted to play with the dogs the whole time.

On Sunday, we got up SUPER early because I had signed up for another half marathon. John and Jack are both troopers. We got up around 4:00 to get ready and drive to Clear Lake for Angie's Half Crazy Half Marathon. It's a pretty small race with around 1600 participants. It was such a big difference from the Houston Aramco Half . I hope to run Angie's again in the future.

Apparently when I am running, I am pretty boring. :) Here is Jack crashed out during the race. (sorry.. for some reason I was not able to rotate the pics)
Just finished!
I SEE MY FAMILY!!!
I ran this half in 1 hour 56 minutes. Just over a minute slower than I finished the Houston Aramco. I am very happy with my time though. I did not train as much for this half as I did the first one. With a sinus infection, a stomach virus, and at times, just plain laziness, I did not run as much as I had wanted to. Now... should I run another one? Or just stick to 10K's and 5K's for a while?

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Love the pics of Jack! And you are looking great Kari!!