Wednesday, February 18, 2009

29 week Dr. Appt and Nursery

Yesterday we went to my doctors appointment just for a regular check up. I had only gained 4 lbs! I was VERY excited about that! We got back the results from the glucose tolerance test and all of the blood levels, sugar levels, and whatever other levels there are were in the normal range! So no 3 hour glucose tolerance test. No gestational diabetes. I am VERY thankful for that. My doctor did measure me again and I am only measuring about a week ahead. She said that was normal as well and that everything was looking great.

As far as how I'm feeling. Besides getting tired really easy and being ready for bed by about 5:00 every afternoon/evening, I am feeling really good! Baby J is moving all the time and I just love to feel him move around in there. Right now, I don't even mind when he kicks me in the rib. :) It's just an amazing feeling! It's absolutely amazing how God created our bodies to carry another human being. I am just overwhelmed with what is going on. But overwhelmed in a good way! :)

We go back to the Dr. in 3 weeks and then an ultrasound in 4 weeks to determine the location of the placenta. After that, I will see my Dr. every 2 weeks until Baby J decides to make his appearance into the world. I feel like he will be here before we know it.

John has been working on the nursery. It is still a work in progress. I will leave you some pictures with the amazing work he has done so far! I am truly blessed to have an amazingly creative husband!


The room before paint.


Before the chair railing. The blue is "100 Acre Morning" and the yellow is "Tigger's Tummy" (Disney colors!)


After the chair railing. John has done all of this work on his own. He's GOOD!! He is actually drawing different characters on the wall. Below you will see two of the drawings he has done.

I told you he is good!


I wish I was creative as he is.


There are lots more drawings, they were just hard to take pictures of. He is ready to start painting the characters. When he is finished, I will post new pictures!

6 comments:

Cristina said...

Kari - I absolutely LOVE what you guys are doing with the nursery. My favorite is the drawing of the tortoise and the hare!!! I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow. It is seriously the highlight of my week!

KV said...

I LOVE IT!!! He IS talented!
And you are the cutest pregnant lady EVER!!! :)

Unknown said...

my blaw is quite the artist!! I'm proud. Tell him I like the tshirt he's wearing in the pic too. I really like the colors you guys picked too.

Kelly Owen said...

The nursery is so cute. Can't get over it - LOVE it!

Missy said...

That is so cute! I can't wait to see the characters all painted. SO fun!!

Unknown said...

wow he is good, i'll keep that in mind in case i need to hire John!