Sunday, June 7, 2009

Locks of Love

Something I am passionate about is helping others. One way that I enjoy helping other people is by donating my hair. Last Tuesday, I went in and donated 10 inches of my hair to the Locks of Love Foundation. The donated hair provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. If you are interested in donating your hair check out the Locks of Love website.

Here are some guidelines to follow when donating your hair.
HOW TO DONATE
  • 10 inches measured tip to tip is the minimum length needed for a hairpiece.
  • Hair must be in a ponytail or braid before it is cut.
  • Hair must be clean and completely dry before it is mailed in.
  • Place the ponytail or braid inside of a plastic bag, and then inside of a padded envelope.

BEFORE



AFTER- (not the best picture, but the only one I have for now)

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

i didnt know you donated your hair! i just thought you cut it and it is super cute!! it was fun hanging out with you last weekend. jack is precious and you and john are so blessed. hope to see you again soon!

Missy said...

Your hair is SO cute! If mine would grow out like yours, I'd do it in a heart beat! :)

Unknown said...

I think you're awesome for donating your hair AGAIN sister! I might do it if I hadn't ruined mine with all those chemicals. Love you and miss you.