Friday, July 17, 2009

Busy Week

So it has been a very busy week for Jack and me. However it started out very relaxing. Monday morning, Jack and I woke up for his normal feeding time. After eating we had a little bit of playtime. Jack was getting tired again, so I put him down for his first nap of the day. While Jack was sleeping, John and I spent some time together talking about future vacations we wanted to take, etc. I made a point not to get on the computer(even though I had an online staff development to work on and I can't go a day without checking my email), but just give John my attention. It was nice to just relax!

About 10:30/10:45 it was time for Jack to wake up for his next feeding. So I got his bottle ready, woke him up and started feeding him. While holding the bottle with one hand, I decided to check my email on my phone(I hadn't been on the computer at all, so of course I just HAD to check my email!). One of the emails I had was titled, "Question". I opened it up and it was from a co-worker asking what time our training was tomorrow. I thought to myself it's from 8-4, but I didn't know he was going to the Math Solutions training on Tuesday. However, as I look more closely at the email, I notice the email was sent on Sunday evening, which means he was asking about the training on Monday. I'm pretty sure at this point I begin to hyperventilate. I think to myself, the training he is talking about starts NEXT Monday, NOT TODAY!.

So I immediately get up... Jack is still eating... head to the office to find my planner. John is in the office on the computer wondering what in the world I am doing. (I'm sure he can see the panic on my face.) I open my planner and sure enough, right there written in my own handwriting, "Teacher Leadership Academy 8-4 @BC". I really start freaking out!! If you know me, then you know that I am a list maker and a write things down in my planner type person and follow it! I don't forget things like this. I don't show up to events, appointments, trainings, work, etc. late at all! I can't stand to be late! This is an example of a nightmare to me.

Thankfully I have an awesome husband who tells me it is ok. It was an honest mistake and to take my time getting ready. Rushing is not going to help anything. At this point it is 11:00. I am 3 hours late to my training. Of course I get ready as quickly as I can and head to the Berry Center where I get to embarrass myself nad live our my nightmare. I get there and talk to one of the presenters who tells me not to worry about a thing. Lunch was in 40 minutes and I wouldn't have to make up the time I missed. My co-worker could catch me up! I was relieved but still stressed/embarrassed like no other!

Tuesday was another stressful day for me since it was the first time to drop Jack off at his WONDERFUL sitter's house. I was so sad to leave him. John worked Tuesday and Thursday of this week, so Jack spent those two days with Kristi (same person who is going to watch him during the school year). Before I even left the house, I was crying and cried all the way to my training. I missed him so much! But I survived and he had a great time with Kristi and her son Logan. I am truly blessed to have a friend that I trust watch Jack while we work.

Today John and I are both home and are going to soak up this time we have with together! Next week is a full week of work and trainings for me, and John works 3 days next week as well.

Hopefully the nightmares are over with for now!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Oh girl...I would have freaked too! Glad it all worked out and you got to stay home for an extra morning. :)