Sunday, July 12, 2009

Oh Jack!

So today John and I decided to take Jack into the sanctuary with us instead of hanging out in the family room for church. It's just not the same watching church on T.V. when you are really there. We were worried the music might be too loud and either wake him up or just flat out scare him, but we were willing to try (or I was anyways). During praise and worship the music scared him at times, but overall he was doing really well. No crying! Just sucking on his paci! :)

However... about 2 minutes into the sermon John hears something coming from Jack and his car seat. He tells me it might have just been gas, but he wasn't for sure. We look at each other like, "What do you think we should do?" Since the lights were dimmed, we couldn't tell by just peeking into his car seat. We both decided it's better to be safe than sorry, so we slip out the back. When we get out in the hallway we can see it wasn't just gas. I thought to myself, "Jack didn't poop yesterday, so this is going to be huge." and... it was! Leaked out of his diaper on his legs and into his car seat! Thank goodness we learned early to have a lap pad down in his seat! (GO US!!)

Anyway... after a quick spot clean so I could carry him, Jack and I made it into the restroom where I got him all cleaned up and changed (of course it was all over his onesie). John and I are getting good at taking his onesies off down his body rather than over his head. Once we were clean, we made it back to the sanctuary with 10 minutes left to go in the sermon. It was an experience, but we made it through!

After church we decided to go and check out the nursery. You know... just in case we decide in the future to leave Jack there. I am excited about the set up there. I just don't know when I'll be ready to leave him there.

On another note here are some random updates.
*My headache has been gone for 2 days now! WOOHOO!!
*Jack is still rolling over like crazy. It was no fluke. He means business!
*Jack is sleeping through the night like nobody's business. We LOVE this! However, he doesn't like to nap during the day even when he's tired.
*I have a 3 day training next week. I'm sad to leave Jack for 3 days. :( I guess I am getting myself ready for when I have to leave him for 5 days straight each week)
*Our yard is STINKIN DRY!!! Come on rain!
*Woodrow LOVES to chew on things! (especially sprinkler heads, his water bowl, and Hope)
*I'm way behind doing laundry. Sorry John and Jack.
*We are selling John's old truck! 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 1500 Let us know if you or you know someone who is interested.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Oh that pooping every other day can sure be dangerous!

stuchap said...

What is a lap pad?!?! This could revolutionize how we travel!!